First time D user, trying to make D compiler run under Mac OS X

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Dec 29 02:09:59 PST 2006

igor wrote:

> Anders, thanks a lot, your remark helped. I had Mac OS X 10.4, but the older
> Xcode, 2.2.1. It's not clear from the documentation that the latest XCode is
> required, but it seems to be the case. I joined Apple Developer Conneciton
> program, downloaded the latest Xcode 2.4.1 and - voila - it works now!

The earlier (0.19) builds for X86/PPC used Xcode 2.2+,
the latest (0.20) build for Universal uses Xcode 2.4+.

Tried to communicate this on the website and installer,
but we probably need to add a pre-install Xcode check ?

"Your Xcode Tools seem to be too old, please upgrade."
--anders

PS.
The Tiger Xcode integration is still missing, but hope
to have it up on the web site before the final release.
http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/xcode.html (for the IDE)