Coolest D features

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 11:41:00 PST 2006

Serg Kovrov wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> I am not very impressed by Python's docs.  The best docs that I've
>> seen are the PHP docs because of commenting and excellent examples.
>
> Second that.
>
> PHP docs are well organized. Personally, I find it extremely intuitive.
> As far as I remember, it takes near no time to find what I want without
> knowing exact names or using search.
>
> Contrarily, Python docs are plain hell to work with.

I cannot count the number of times I've filled up a full instance of Firefox with a dozen
tabs or so, all open to PHP doc files.  It is indeed intuitive.  (And the comments are
often just as useful as the docs themselves!  For example: PHP has no is_assoc() to go
along with is_array()... but look at the comments for the docs on is_array() and you can
find a few examples of is_assoc() implementations right there.)

I'd be quite jolly to see a similar approach to the D docs, along with the "as of version
X" descriptors, etc.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls