Import proposals

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Sun Jul 9 17:53:16 PDT 2006

Regan Heath wrote:
> After reading the entire "Re: import concerns (was Re: Historical
> language survey)" thread and hearing all the different opinions I
> thought "we need a single place to put complete ideas" and "people
> should show support for the idea they like best"
>
> So.. I'd like this thread to be that place. I'm going to post my own
> idea (in response to this post) and I'd like it if people to post their
> own ideas (or the ideas of others as they understand them) in complete
> form. Then I'd like people to show support for an idea that takes their
> fancy.
>
> This is to give Walter an idea what ideas have community support.
>
> If people want to discuss the ideas, I suggest we start a new thread, or
> a sub thread of this port specifically for discussion, as opposed to
> commenting in response to the ideas themselves.
>
> This is generally just an attempt to get the discussion organised and to
> provide a reference we can refer back to at a later date. I have a
> threaded news group reader and this'll probably only look organised if
> you use one too, as opposed to the web interface. If you all think it's
> a terrible idea, I won't feel too hurt ;)
>
> Regan

I agree starting to migrate to a new thread might be useful (if everyone
adheres to it), since the other is getting way nested! The most nested
I've ever seen, some of the post are so far to right that no part of the
title displays already Xp .
But I'm not so sure about dividing this thread into "discuss" and
"ideas", people want to discuss ideas and proposals, it won't work well
to divide them I think.

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student