[OT] Downtime

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 11:05:25 PDT 2006

I see the digitalmars servers are up and running once again.  They were
down for quite a while.

Are www.digitalmars.com and news.digitalmars.com the same machine?  I'd
guess so considering that they were down at the same time.  But why is
there a failure mode by which www.digitalmars.com was delivering the
content of www.digitaldaemon.com instead?

Speaking of downtime, it would be good if we had something on Wiki4D or
somewhere, similar in concept to

http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=Wikipedia_Status

This would give people somewhere to go when the servers are down.  It
could even give people a clue of what's going on and how long it's
likely to take to fix (as much as is known).

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.