No way to selectively expose imported symbols using 163

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Mon Jul 31 14:53:22 PDT 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>
>> What I don't agree is about that static+selective import stuff:
>>   static import std.stdio : writef;
>>
>> That is, the idea that static(FQN) and selective import should work
>> together. I'm not fond the idea that std.stdio, a module, is
>> "available" but is not complete. What is the use and sense of that?
>> Why could it not be a regular(non-selective) FQN import?
>
> Consistency?  To me, "static import std.stdio : writef" says "make only
> writef available from std.stdio and only as a FQN."
>

> Sean

Consistency? I was talking more about practical uses. Under my
suggestion that syntax would simply not be allowed, so there is no worry
about what it does.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student