How do you think about the flooding of bracket?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 08:30:57 PDT 2006

BLS wrote:
> "Deewiant" <deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> news:e6rno9$1ju8$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>>> I find something like that gets very annoying quickly, when "PROCEDURE
> xyz" is
>> one or two lines long. Imagine something like (mixed-syntax pseudocode):
>
> Hi Deewiant,
> a two line inner function seems , at least to me, to be a quit seldom used
> construction.

Well, that depends on your coding style, really.

Personally, I prefer to write lots of small, well-defined functions.  If
I can't fit a whole function's flow into my head at once, then I know I
need to break it up.

One interesting approach to this problem I've seen is in Nemerle: it
supports both C-style syntax and, with the flip of a compiler switch,
Python-style indenting.

Mmm... cake.

	-- Daniel

--
Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even
make sense.