Any idea when the 1.0 spec will be out?

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 23:18:39 PDT 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> I disagree with Chris on the 1.0 part, Sinbad is quite possible to do, just
> a lot of work to get a 3D engine that is inherently designed with C++ in
> mind. I think new 3D engine designs based on what is possible in D, is a
> much more worthwhile thing to do, or at least port a engine that don't use
> multiple inheritance.

I completely agree... D is more than capable to handle this task right
now.  It's just really comes down to people having the time and
resources to attempt such a large task.

But Ogre done using D style, syntax, and features would be a very
capable library and quite possibly could eclipse the original C++ version.

-JJR