appeal again: discard the syntax of private:, public: static: private{}, public{}, static{}.

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Fri Jun 23 03:16:26 PDT 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:05:15 +1000, Boris Wang <nano.kago at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> the harm of these is more than the benefit.

Why?

> all these syntax produce non-readable, non-maintainable codes, and even
> more in large project with many developers.

Have you evidence or rationale for that position?

I would argue strongly against removing these. My preference is to avoid
the ':' form and nearly always use the '{}' form. I use the 'public'
option as a documentation tool plus I hope that one day the 'private'
option will be the default.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia