appeal again: discard the syntax of private:, public: static: private{}, public{}, static{}.

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 06:33:52 PDT 2006

Boris Wang wrote:
> the harm of these is more than the benefit.

I disagree. I like them and do not want to see them go away.

> all these syntax produce non-readable, non-maintainable codes, and even more
> in large project with many developers.

That's why large teams have coding standards. If you are going to work
on a large project and something is unreadable to you, make sure your
coding standards prohibit it. You'll still have to deal with it when
modifying third party code, but there's nothing you can do about it.

I find the syntax quite readable and have no trouble with it. So I
strongly appeal that it not be removed.