Compiler construction tools?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.list at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:30:42 PDT 2006

Joey Peters wrote:
> Are the following available yet:
>
> Lexer generator, Parser generator, Graphics library; preferable all
> simple and dandy, working 100%, and fast. Perhaps even developed along
> the lines of compatibility with each other (lexer and parser).

As BCS already said, Enki for the first two (although it's very sparsely
documented at the moment).

For graphics, there are a few libraries available, but I'll plug my own
(since it's the only one I know anything about :P):
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/cairo/

Granted, cairo isn't the fastest, but it has good quality, and is easy
to use.  I actually thought about writing a simple 2D fractal program
using cairo, but never got around to it :P

As for what you want to use it for... sounds fun but very tricky.  Best
of luck :)

	-- Daniel