D vs Java

BLS lietz at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 19 04:28:16 PST 2006

"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news at terrainformatica.com> schreef in bericht
news:dvitlk$2848$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> > I don't agree about GUI - Java GUI (Swing) is very strong. There is no
> > comparable alternative in D (yet). Don't tell me about DWT. ;)

DWT is indeed strange, but I think DFace could be the way to make GUI
programming more comfortable.
wxD (your child, i think) is in general a good thing but has the problem
that it is based on wxNet respective the wxc. I guess the this project is at
a stand still. ( see last updates, the mailing list)  if not dead. So what
will you do next ? In my opinion you only have the choice to pick up Andy
Friesen s SWIG for D project to make further progress........

> There are no real GUI Applications using Swing either :)

Really ? What about the Netbeans IDE. <g>  (and not to forget the apps build
based on the Netbeans platform. )

Sorry about the OFF TOPIC
Bjoern