The VII PPPR (Pending Peeves Progress Review)

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 11:44:16 PST 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>>
>> And the issue of translating the Windows API headers has cropped up
>> again.  There have been a number of efforts to do this, but they all
>> have their imperfections as far as I can tell.  I've started another
>> effort that'll hopefully be the best of them all....
>>
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D.announce/3194
>
> For Windows headers to be included in a standard library distribution,
> they *must* be based on public domain header files.  As much as I'd love
> improved Windows functionality, I won't include headers in Ares that
> violate the MS copyright, and I think Walter feels the same for Phobos.

I heard Don the first time.  That's why I stated in that thread that
anyone is more than welcome to use MinGW or similar to contribute to my
effort.

I still don't get the whole M$ copyright issue.  It's as if M$ was
trying to stop anybody from programming in anything but C(++).

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.