Windows woes

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Mar 30 07:05:48 PST 2006

Lucas Goss wrote:

>> I think it's sad, really. Computers *should* be for everyone.
>> And here I think that Mark Shuttleworth is on the right way...
>
> Shuttleworth on the right way... definately!

To be specific, I was talking about the Ubuntu Manifesto:

"The Ubuntu community is built on the ideas enshrined in the Ubuntu
Philosophy: that software should be available free of charge, that
software tools should be usable by people in their local language and
despite any disabilities, and that people should have the freedom to
customise and alter their software in whatever way they see fit."

Don't think that defending freedom means that you *can't* charge for it.
Just because the source code is available, doesn't mean that you can't
sell a packaged and supported version of the software. Works for RedHat?
(and you can still build and customise their software, as you see fit)

I might not use Debian or Python myself, but that's different :-)

--anders