Windows woes

David L. Davis SpottedTiger at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 09:59:41 PST 2006

In article <e0g4n2$1ts9$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Fredrik Olsson says...

>For Windows I must say that Windows 2000 is the best OS Microsoft have
>put out there. Quite stable, and much more lean than XP, that always
>caught me as a resource slurping Telletubies edition of Windows 2000. I
>think there is a reason why Windows 2000 identifies itself as Window NT
>5.0, and XP as NT 5.1...
>

>// Fredrik

Fredrik, since I've only used Windows Pro 2000 at work, and I've used Windows
(Home and Pro) XP for both home and work, it's been my experience that 2000 died
too often and needed to be rebooted, plus it ate up main memory very quickly,
boot times were longer, and etc.

Plus, I'm very much into PC games, first on the C64, then on MS DOS v4.01+ and
above, with Windows v3.0+ installed. So I've been very slow to be pulled into
the NT side, and when Windows 2000 was released I stayed with Windows 98 SE, and
held out for Windows ME (boy was that a mistake!). Anyway, in my mind Windows XP
is the best of both the DOS based Windows and NT, and it's great for playing
games!

David L.