Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

Kyle Furlong kylefurlong at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:44:49 PDT 2006

nick wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> 4. A new/revampped web presence. The combination of
>>> www.digitalmars.com/d/ and www.dsource.org has worked well for us from
>>> the standpoint of functionality. However, I think to further the goals
>>> of a polished presence, we need a presence more along the lines of
>>> www.php.net.
>> I like the look of php.net.
>>

> I threw together a very quick mockup in html/css and just copy pasted
> some content into that shell. It could looks tons better with more than
> 15 minutes worth of work:
>
> http://hcoop.net/~natamas/random/tabs.png
>
>> Most of the Digital Mars site is now driven by Ddoc templates and style sheets. I'm open to suggestions for improvements via changing the style sheets and templates.
>
> One suggestion would be, instead of generating code like this:
>
> you should say <span class = "identifier">.
>
> Then define "identifier" as being blue in the stylesheet:
> .d_code .identifier{ color: blue; }
>
> It's much more flexible that way because the appearance of the site can
> be changed by changing the .css file.

Yes, is it just me, or does half the world still not understand the
benefits of the separation of document structure and presentation?

BTW, nice layout, looks very /powerful/. (Big red D)

--
Kyle Furlong // Physics Undergrad, UCSB

"D is going wherever the D community wants it to go." - Walter Bright