Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

nick nick.atamas at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:35:41 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
>> 4. A new/revampped web presence. The combination of
>> www.digitalmars.com/d/ and www.dsource.org has worked well for us from
>> the standpoint of functionality. However, I think to further the goals
>> of a polished presence, we need a presence more along the lines of
>> www.php.net.
>
> I like the look of php.net.

I threw together a very quick mockup in html/css and just copy pasted
some content into that shell. It could looks tons better with more than
15 minutes worth of work:

http://hcoop.net/~natamas/random/tabs.png

> Most of the Digital Mars site is now driven by Ddoc templates and style sheets. I'm open to suggestions for improvements via changing the style sheets and templates.

One suggestion would be, instead of generating code like this:

you should say <span class = "identifier">.

Then define "identifier" as being blue in the stylesheet:
.d_code .identifier{ color: blue; }

It's much more flexible that way because the appearance of the site can
be changed by changing the .css file.