Image format libraries, raytracers and stuff

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 08:57:05 PDT 2006

"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e3csov$14a3$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Hmm....
>
> And I see the other WaveFront format is .mod, which is what the Fortrash
> compilers I've used use for module information files.

I guess when you've got alphanum characters, you can't do much ;)  Of
course, there's no real restriction on file extension length, just more of
an unwritten agreement that they should be three (or maybe, _maybe_ four)
letters long.  Of course, Visual Studio just leaves this rule in the dust
with its *.vcproj and such..

> If the purpose is to write your own renderer, then what part does OpenGL
> play anyway?

Good point.  But like James said, it might use it do just display the final
result or something.