A gentle critque..

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Mon May 15 21:51:06 PDT 2006

> In other words:
>
> import std.cpp;
> import msvc.cpp;
>
> include "mylib.h"

please stop talking about such ugly things... the discussion is long
enough (i think) - we don't want an real c++ compiler in D (and for your
ideas some is needed - if you understand it or not) or in an standart
toolset around D - because the D syntax is near enough to C/C++

> The advantage of this is that, though it may not be pretty.. it's simple and it
> doesn't require you to wrap what could literally be thousands of headers.  It
> also means that your links to the original code will not break unless the api
> breaks.

all your handy and pretty ideas are nice to use but very hard (due to
the mud code which is needed - its not an technical problem - its an
phylosophical...) to implement

Walter don't want to mutate the clean/simple/nice/fast D front/backend
code into an C++ understanding between-the-worlds-compiler ... it is
possible but only simple of your extension ideas will kill the clean
(technical/phylosiphical) situation - and you will only understand the
problem if you get more in contact with compiler development and
language development

and please - walter is one of the first full c++ compiler developers on
the world ... try to understand his problems with your ideas
"a flood of ideas don't help you to understand"

btw: i think all your saying is just blabla - do you realy want to use
D? - i don't think so (not only because of the cpp linkage problems)
(if Cpp were linkable with D) - what are the other your other reasons to
use D?

ciao dennis