A gentle critque..

BCS BCS_member at pathlink.com
Mon May 15 23:35:01 PDT 2006

In article <e4baj5$aut$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Walter Bright says...

>BCS wrote:
>> What do ya think new D users would think about a converter that does
>> 100% correct convention of a sub set (+10%) of C (and maybe cpp) code?
>> Say just global function prototypes, structs typdefs (c style) and
>> anything else that would be easy to get right. Some of the stuff (in C,
>> the most common stuff) translates directly, and shouldn't be that bad to
>> translate.
>
>There is always something in each header that is not translatable :-(

But with any luck you wont need that part most of the time. What I'm suggesting
is a tool that does a best effort translation generating a header for parts that
can always be done (file scope function, simple structs, global variables of
common types, etc.) in other words, the bulk of most C headers.