Another GUI alternative?

Robert Jones robertjones21 at HotPOP.com
Fri May 26 08:54:38 PDT 2006

Justin C Calvarese said the following on 4/18/2006 1:52 AM:
> Mike Parker wrote:
>> Nilo wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> There's a GUI framework, portable and with active development called
>>> Fox (
>>> www.fox-toolkit.org ).
>>
>>> If it is possible, what sould I do to port that
>>> library in a D's usable manner?
>>
>> I'm almost certain someone started on a wrapper for Fox some time ago.
>> You might want to nose around Wiki4D or ask Google and see if anything
>> turns up. It might save you some effort.
>
> It could be that someone has done something with the Fox toolkit, but I
> don't remember anything. (I'm pretty sure people have mentioned Fox
> before, but that's not the same as starting a project.)
>
> If such a project has been started, this page is one place that I'd
> expect it to be mentioned:
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AvailableGuiLibraries
>
> But obviously I could have missed the post or whatever where someone
> mentioned a Fox projects, so Googling isn't a bad idea.

I started an attempt to port Fox-Toolkit to D about 2 years ago, but
shelved it after the frustration with the shear amount of preprocessor
instructions, in the source files, that I could not make sense of. I
still plan to return to it eventually. If someone does get a C wrapper
working I'll use that instead and abandon the port.

--
Robert Jones
robertjones21 at hotpop.com