[More Info] Increasing speed of D applications to Intel C compiled applicaitons' standards

%u tsoygul at tralsoft.com
Fri Nov 10 11:00:10 PST 2006

"Do you have any observations about what shorts of things put you
in the 20% category?"

- Luckly the code requiring sheer processing power like math
functions(trigs, logs...), b-tree creation, compression, D code
runs only 5-6% slower (an averaged mean) compared to Intel C
compiler.
- Unfortunately, processes requiring sheer memory access like
memcopy, mem alloc, de-alloc, stream copy is nearly almost 15->20%
slower at D. (note that, code is totally identical).

I'll post these results on my blog once I put them into a good
graphed format so we can discuss it even further. with my limited
knowledge on compilers, what i've seen is that intel c compiler
has many ingenious optimisations. maybe there can be a way to put
the same ideas into D compiler. (i hope)