LLVM

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Nov 20 15:24:03 PST 2006

John Reimer wrote:
> I'm wondering if Walter will have the same source "tainting" issue with
> LLVM as he did for gcc.

Yes, since it is copyrighted. However, I *can* read documentation about
the compiler (one cannot copyright an idea, ideas are covered by patent
law, not copyrights).

Aside from working with the LLVM source, I am happy to help out in any
way I can those who want to integrated the D front end with LLVM.

One advantage LLVM has over gcc is that gcc is reluctant to include gdc
as part of the default gcc distribution. If LLVM is willing to include D
with their main distribution, that would be very good for D users.