What's left for 1.0?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Nov 20 23:44:36 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> Something similar is done in the C world using #define UNICODE. It looks
> like a good idea, but it's awful. Applications just don't want to be
> *all* UNICODE or *no* UNICODE. Most want to be mixed.

I always thought that in D it was whether to use char[] or wchar_t[] ?

In wxD there will be two versions: version(ANSI) means that it will
use char[] in D and char* in C++ and version(UNICODE) means that it
will use wchar_t[] in D and wchar_t* in C++ - for the wxString class.

At least that's needed for the implementation, unsure about public API.

All the wx methods are using "string" parameters now, which is an alias
for the default char[] type in D. This might change to "dstring" later,
if that struct wrapper has merits to unify code better on the D side...

I really don't want to do two functions for each string-using method ?

--anders

PS. wchar_t is an alias which is wchar in Windows and dchar in Unix.