D vs. C#

Marcio mqmnews123 at sglebs.com
Fri Nov 24 07:42:30 PST 2006

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:
> C# things that don't have an equivalent in D.
> * yield operator

	I'd like to point out that the Concurrency and Coordination Runtime
(CCR) makes heavy use of yield.

"The Concurrency and Coordination Runtime (CCR) is a lightweight
port-based concurrency library for C# 2.0 developed by George
Chrysanthakopoulos in the Advanced Strategies group at Microsoft. Here
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=143582 , we have a deep
discussion about CCR with George, a Software Architect, and Satnam
Singh, Architect. You can get more info about CCR on the CCR Wiki
http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.ConcurrencyRuntime .
This is super cool stuff and represents a really innovative approach to
making managed threaded programming more readily understandable and
predictable.

Please check out the OOPSLA/SCOOL paper on the CCR
http://research.microsoft.com/~tharris/scool/papers/sing.pdf .

Click here http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=206574 to see
how the CCR is being used by the Microsoft Robotics Group."

CCR Programming http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=219308

     * article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/06/09/ConcurrentAffairs/default.aspx

> D things that don't have an equivalent in C#.
> * Tupples.

	It would be nice if the article compared to Eiffel as well. Eiffel has
DbC, generics, Tuples, agents, etc.

marcio