OSNews article about C++09 degenerates into C++ vs. D discussion

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 18:14:43 PST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:28:21 +0200, Georg Wrede
<georg.wrede at nospam.org> wrote:

>Uh-oh.
>
>Reading that made me feel ancient. I wrote my first programs in FORTRAN,
>back in the 1960's. And I still have three different computers that run
>CP/M (what we had before Microsoft). And yes, I still play with them
>occasionally. Last week I spent two hours reading the CP/M ASM listing
>of the Osborne.
>
>And I regularly have my HP 28S calculator near when I do programming.
>(Made in 1986.) It mixes a version of Forth and RPN, and I feel it's
>hugely more usable than even today's calculators.
>
>Guess I'm simply a prehistoric relic.

Well, I wasn't born until 71, and I'm basically a child of the
Basic/Pascal/C and 8-bit micros generation, but I'm feeling like a
prehistoric relic too. I'll tell you what, I'll be the fossil from the
Cretaceous - you can be Jurassic ;-)

--
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.