D Learning Resources

Morgan McDermott morganmcdermott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:07:09 PST 2006

Lutger wrote:
> Morgan McDermott wrote:
>> Repost from DSource <http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12007>
>>
>> As a newbie to this great language, one of my biggest challenges in
>> learning D is finding learning resources. I've gotten to the point now
>> where I generally use digitalmars.com/d/ as a starting point for any
>> questions, and the NewsGroup has been a great help, but starting out
>> with D seems much harder than it is with other languages due to the
>> scarcity of tutorials (alongside the absence of books ^_~).
>
> Hi, have you found the wikibook 'a beginner's guide to D'? Here is the
> link: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A_Beginner%27s_Guide_to_D
>
> Perhaps this is the kind of project that you have in mind.

I just stumbled upon this gem a few nights ago. My goal is to offer a
linear learning path similar to what a book would offer, combined with
the flexibility of a free-form learning resource. That is - guide people
along the path of D-Basics or Intermediate-Programming in a
straight-forward manner, but also offer how-to and syntax resources that
function in the traditional free-form "web navigation" style.

Thanks for the link =).