Could Tk be D's ideal widget set?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Oct 9 14:07:20 PDT 2006

> That looks more like some C++ hacks, to make it think that it is Tcl ?
>
> I was just doing a quick-and-dirty translation of the Tcl and Tk libs,
> somewhat surprised that Tk needed X11 headers but otherwise not too bad.

Actually those callback things were kinda neat, with the parameters etc.
(some tech details at http://cpptk.sourceforge.net/doc.html#looseends)

If anyone wants to continue with those or other "D/Tk" object wrappers,
I put the D tcl/tk lib code up at: http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/TK.zip

You will need Tcl/Tk 8.4, get it from http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/
(on Mac OS X 10.4, you can just link with: -framework Tcl -framework Tk)

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming. (that would be wxD :-))
The D wrappers are under the same licensing terms as Tcl/Tk itself, BTW.
--anders