D : Not for me anymore

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Mon Oct 16 10:19:52 PDT 2006

Peter Šiška wrote:
> Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
>
>> I've been here since 2003. What bugs me the most is that D (the
>> language) still does not have an up-to-date roadmap anywhere. Ok, many
>> of us know what features are postponed to 2.0, but for a newcomer things
>> look pretty confusing.
> yes, it is confusing.
> ad) many of us know what features are postponed to 2.0...
> please be so kind and tell me i don't know :)

Well, it's a bit early to talk about 2.0 now. There is a truckload of
stuff scattered around. Some ideas can be found from the D poll, some
other things are on the D wiki, and a lot of things have been discussed
or ignored in these newsgroups.

Walter has promised to implement some things in 2.0, but suddenly they
are fully implemented (sans possible bugs) in the next release. It's a
bit hard to keep track of things unless one regularly reads the NG. The
worst thing is that whenever something "big" happens, something like
5-10 threads with 1000+ messages pops out of nowhere. It takes a week to
realize what's going on :-I