Contributing to the compiler? Tracking suggestions?

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Oct 23 01:35:12 PDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> There's also the tracker for D [2], but a comment on one enhancement
> proposal I saw there says that the D issue tracker is reserved for
> suggestions that received positive feedback from Walter, but many good
> ideas are just ignored by Walter until like 90% the community jumps up
> and down about it simultaneously.

The suggestions for new features come in *daily*, sometimes several
times a day. It's not possible to give a thoughtful response to them
all, and it would be inappropriate to give a flip response.

Let alone the impossibility of implementing all of them, or even all the
good ones.

So some sort of vetting process has to happen.