dsource and ranking vs. rating

Knud Soerensen 4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:07:44 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:52:12 +0000, Manfred Nowak wrote:

> Knud Soerensen wrote
>
>> when ranking a new project the user add it into the ranking
>> between two other projects.
>
> Not quite because this implies that the first two projects cannot be
> ranked without a third. Ranking ideally only compares two projects.

Sorry, of cause you can also put the project at the top or at the bottom
of you list.
You can thing of the list as a favorite list with ranking added.

> But ranking has the same vulnerabilities as rating in respect to "bad
> guys".

I think that it might be best you compute different types of rating
form the ranking lists. So, gaming might win on one type of rating
but lose on another type.