A different kind of Walter? :-)

0ffh spam at frankhirsch.net
Thu Apr 19 12:05:29 PDT 2007

Dan wrote:
> Lately a big thing in kernel development world is to move everything possible out of the kernel.

I don't know how lately should be defined in that context, but when I
did the research for my diploma thesis (design and implementation of a
RTOS-Kernel on a Fujitsu microcontroller) in 2001 there where already
numerous papers to be found on the exokernel subject.
It was a fascinating idea then, and still am. I sure like the approach.

> Just my view.  As I said, I'm interested in helping.

Maybe I'd also be able to throw in a few hours of work... :)

Happy hacking, 0ffh