gSoap

kenny funisher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:27:24 PDT 2007

No, I definitely am using D for commercial grade web services but not with gsoap... I'd actually never even looked into soap, so I looked through gsoap's website... I'll be honest, I have no idea what it's talking about...

It shouldn't be too hard to bind it though. It appears that everything goes through C interfaces. You could also write some sweet sweet templates to automate some of that nonsense on the page in the examples sections (seems like a lot to do very little).

In my experience, using D for web applications is most awesome. It's great when I run the stress tests and notice that the database is taking 130% of the CPU, and D is only taking 10-20% -- the rest is iowait. Because, I know, when I memcache that, the times will go right back up.

IMO, D ROCKS for web development, and I'm surprised more people aren't taking advantage of it. D's language allows for extremely fast development (for me, equal or faster than PHP). The only caveat to D is, you MUST run behind a load balancing / failover proxy (suggest HAProxy), because there has to be immediate failover in case your program segfaults (this has happened a few times before to me). Scripting languages won't segfault though, which is nice.