gSoap

kenny funisher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 06:27:11 PDT 2007

That's great it works.

So, all it does is generate xml files to be tranferred over http[s]? Or does it also request xml files from outside sources (as if it was an api). Sorry, the only experience I have with this is the youtube api where I send them the video id, and the respond back with all of the meta data in xml format... something like that?

Also, I don't know why you would want it reimplemented in D, when a C one exists... At the moment, I use tons of C mixed with D, and it works great... just remember to .dup your strings :)

Example for me... Making a web server in D is difficult, so instead I just stripped shttpd and stuck D as the frontend. It works great. On my laptop, I can generate 2-3k D generated pages per second (average 60 opcodes per page from the template engine). Quite frankly, D sucks for some things -- like sockets for example. For some reason, I can always get them to go faster in C than I can in D. The other thing is threads. locking mutexes and not having tons of problems works perfect in C, but in D, I want to kill myself. If I use the standard threads, it issues a USER1/USER2 signal every time the gc is run (extremely annoying in gdb). If I implement my own threading using pthreads, I sometimes get undefined behaviour... it just seems annoying is all, when in C, I know exactly what is happening.

I would just make D the frontend, and let C do all of the work. It's saved me a lot of hassles in the past.