Hijacking

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 6 21:33:15 PDT 2007

Charles D Hixson wrote:
> So you're right when you say "be careful", but don't attribute most of
> the failure of Eiffel to it's design.  Other factors predominated.

For a complex thing like a language, it can be really hard to pin down
why it failed. Ask n different people, and you'll get n different
answers. What turned me off was the syntax. It just means we have to be
extra careful about adopting features from a failed language.

The further a feature is from mainstream convention in at least one
successful language, the more nervous I get about it.