Win32 headers: Problem with COM interface indirection levels

Michael Butscher mbutscher at gmx.de
Fri Aug 10 07:08:13 PDT 2007

jcc7 wrote:
> == Quote from Michael Butscher (mbutscher at gmx.de)'s article
> > Carlos Santander wrote:
> > > Michael Butscher escribió:
> > [...]
> > I found out in the meantime that some headers (namely
> > "d3d9.d") were modified already in a similar way, but it was not
> > documented in the translation instructions.
>
> It's been mentioned on the wiki page at
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI, but I think you're right that
> it's not in the "Translation instructions" section (and it probably should be there).
>
> I get the feeling that the WindowsAPI page at Wiki4D has gotten way too big to be
> efficient. I think that it should probably be split into subpages, but I would be
> afraid of stepping on the toes of the WindowsAPI team by doing it myself.

Personally I prefer one large page as I'm using a dialup connection, so
I have to load only one page and can read it offline easily.

> (Also, I wonder if it would work better to store the content that's current at
> Wiki4D in the bindings wiki instead [http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings],
> since it is part of the bindings project and dsource wikis have a cool way of
> formatting D source code.)

At least there should be only one place for the instructions. Currently
there exists also a readme file in the SVN-repository with similar
instructions.

Either the file should point to the wiki page(s) or vice versa.

[...]
> > > Also, maybe this question is better suited in the Bindings project
> > > Dsource forum?
> > You are right. I only found forums a bit impractical, but that's not
> > a good argument.
>
> Actually by my count, it's already been mentioned twice by other people in the
> Bindings forum.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2458
> http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2253#14074

I thought that somebody would have written it in the instructions if
the problem was realized already therefore I didn't search for it in
the forum.

Michael