[OT] Google techtalk on LLVM 2.0 and cfront

Deewiant deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 03:40:00 PDT 2007

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> i'm sure it won't be too long until he first llvm based D compiler surfaces.

I watched the talk, was inspired, and about an hour later began to write a D
frontend for LLVM, in D. <g>. I'm basing it on the clang source but I'm writing
everything from scratch. One plus is that I can do away with a bunch of stuff
that isn't needed, such as the preprocessor.

I'll let people know if it gets to the point where it's of some use. It can't
even be compiled yet.

--
Remove ".doesnotlike.spam" from the mail address.