DS3

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Aug 27 11:17:42 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> I have a similar directory issue with package library projects.  Right
> now DSSS really wants you to organize your source like
>
> topdir
> - dsss.conf
> + mymodule
>   - source1.d
>   - source2.d
>
> With a dsss conf like:
>
> [mymodule]
> type=library
>
> But that makes it so that all other build tools have to work harder to
> get the locations of sources to build with.  They'll need a -Itopdir for
> each such library, whereas without dsss-ification they worked just fine
> all being in a common directory with one -Icommon.

Hit 'send' too soon...
This is the layout I'd like to be able to use (since it was what I used
and found to work best for me pre-dsss):

common
+ mypackage
   - dsss.conf
   - source1.d
   - source2.d
+ other_persons_package
   - dsss.conf
   - source1.d
+ non_dsss_package
   - source1.d

It almost works now if you make a dsss.conf like

  [.]
  type = library

but I think the problem I ran into with that was that 'dsss install'
then installs stuff in the wrong place.

--bb