A couple of thoughts/queries.

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 25 22:27:17 PST 2007

On 12/26/07, Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote:
> Getting a stack trace should be easier.
> Especially considering there have been patches to phobos floating around
> for a year at least that already implement it.

I don't need a whole stack tracing mechanism. I only want to know
which line of source code tried to dereference a null pointer. More
than that is overkill.

Ideally, I'd want runtime checks for null dereference compiled into
the code whenever -debug is present on the command line.
Alternatively, if that's too general, why not invent a new compiler
switch, say -nullcheck?

(And speaking of compiler switches, could we possibly allow them to
start with /two/ minus signs instead of one, e.g. --dubug?)