A couple of thoughts/queries.

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 08:13:44 PST 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 10:33:40 +0100, Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>
>> If you're not on Windows then I presume gdb works?  I guess that
>> doesn't have any D-specific knowledge.  Support for D in zerobugs is
>> still vaporware?
>
> I did a quick test, and zerobugs has at least some D support. Types
> seems to be correctly demangled in the variables view, whereas functions
> and method names in the stack trace are not. I wasn't immediately able
> to pinpoint the location of my segfault though (a real one that I knew
> of), although the stacktrace showed up. Definately better looking than
> gdb, all in all :)

Yes, just recently I've been experimenting with zerobugs.  It was much
easier to use with D than the other linux debuggers since D symbols are
demangled. The stacktrace does kind of show the general position of the
segfault also.  I like the way it opens any associated shared libraries
and shows the disassembly in a new tab as you step into the function
calls.

One frustration is that char[] still are represented as a length and
pointer, thus you don't get to see the text object associated with it.
But even then, sometimes you can see it by expanding the related tree for
the ptr object.

-JJR