Qt wrapper for D

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Mon Feb 12 18:28:31 PST 2007

Ritesh Nadhani wrote:

> Hello
>
> We recently started working on a generic configuration tool and we were
> planning to write it in D language. Now lot of our GUI bindings are
> written in Qt. We would like to have a Qt wrapper for D but doing a google
> didnt throw up anything.
>
> So we were wondering if writing a wrapper for Qt ourselves would be
> manageable? Is it very complex to write a wrapper for Qt for D?
>
> Any pointers on how to start writing wrappers for languages? We dont have
> any knowledge in this regard.
>
> Ritesh

I don't know of any bindings for QT.  This is probably because it is a very
complex C++ library, and D cannot call C++ code directly.  You might take a
look at BCD, though:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd

Theoretically, you throw bcd at some C++ header files, and it'll create the
C-layer for you.  I don't know how well it actually works, though.

If you do get bindings for QT working, please post them somewhere!  I'm sure
that they'd be quite popular.  It think I've seen requests for it before.

--
~John Demme
me at teqdruid.com
http://www.teqdruid.com/