KDevelop and D ?

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Thu Feb 22 11:49:19 PST 2007

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
> Thomas Brix Larsen wrote:
>> Well KDevelop, Kate, and KWrite normally use the same "embedded advanced
>> texteditor" backend. So yes, this isn't as such a problem with KDevelop,
>> but it still applies.
>
> It's Katepart. I made some fixes to the highlighting (including new
> keywords). You can try it out, just copy the attached d.xml to
> /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/katepart/syntax or wherever you have KDE installed.

I sent the updated highlight file to the kate developers and promised to
maintain it from now on. It's now available via the integrated update
tools. It works automatically in all katepart using tools, e.g.
kwrite/kate/kdevelop. You can update to the latest version by selecting
(in Kate) Settings -> Kate settings -> Editor -> Highlight -> Load.