Using D, not developing D...

Leandro Lucarella llucarella at integratech.com.ar
Fri Feb 23 07:31:57 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel escribió:
> kris wrote:
>> Frits van Bommel wrote:

> [snip -v1 explanation]
>>
>> Can't do that when the runtime and GC changes -- it was kinda unstable
>> for a few releases there, and -v1 won't affect it (obviously)
>
> Yes, that was a problem for a while. But then you could just hold off on
> upgrading[1], or if the runtime is still binary-compatible you can use
> the old runtime with the new compiler.

Yes, but you don't get the bugfixes then. I think a stable and
unstable/testing/development branch is needed. In the stable branch,
only well known, well tested, small bugfixes should be added (no new
features).

If you want to use new features, use the unstable branch but be aware
that things may break.

--
Leandro Lucarella
Integratech S.A.