Suggestion: Object filenames should be fully-qualified module names

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 20:40:02 PST 2007

just jeff wrote:
> Votes++ for either this or support for building object files to a mirror
> of the source tree. Both sound like good solutions to me. :)

There's a problem with mirroring the source tree. In effect, this is
what combining -op and -od does now. The problem is: What if you have
source files from outside your own project's directory? What if you have
to go all the way to the root before finding a directory that they have
in common? There's no particularly sensible way to solve this. Basing
object file names on the module names, rather than however the source
files are organized, is the only solution I can think of.

--
Kirk McDonald
Pyd: Wrapping Python with D