nedmalloc

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Mon Jan 22 20:17:38 PST 2007

I don't have a lot of free time to work on stuff like this, so it took me
forever.  I finally got nedmalloc compiled with the Digital Mars C compiler.
This is a good thing because now I can use nedmalloc with DMD.  For those
who want to know how I did it, here's how.

First of course, you need to download DMC and nedmalloc.

Then you need to download the latest Microsoft Platform SDK.  When you go to
download it there is a lot of stuff you don't need.  If you download all of
it, it will take a while.

Copy the include and lib directory from the SDK to the DMC directory
(Overwrite the old files).

You have to get the coffimplib utility from Digital Mars.  It is available
in the extented utility package.  It costs $15.  Walter will email it to you
when you order it.

Run the coffimplib utility on kernel32.lib and user32.lib.
coffimplib kernel32.lib -f
coffimplib user32.lib -f

If you are wanting to use DMC for anything else, you will most likely have
to convert more lib files, but only the above two are required to compile
nedmalloc.

Compile nedmalloc with DMC warnings off (-w).

Note that I haven't done any testing yet.  I was just happy that I finally
got it compiled.  Perhaps I can find some time for testing the next couple
weeks.

-Craig