Qt and KDELibs for D?

just jeff jeffrparsons at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 29 02:02:57 PST 2007

Firstly, is anybody working on Qt bindings for D? If so, the rest of
this message is probably irrelevant and can safely be ignored. But
continuing under the assumption that nobody is... :P

I'm wondering what would be involved in a project like that. Has anybody
looked into hooking into C++ libraries enough to know what would be the
best plan of attack? (And for Qt in particular, I hear it uses some
custom pre-processor magic on top of the standard C++ one; is this
right, and is this likely to be a huge problem?)

Qt Jambi
(http://doc.trolltech.com/qtjambi-1.0/com/trolltech/qt/qtjambi-index.html)
seems to be doing a similar thing for Java, so I presume they got over
any problems with multiple inheritance. What other major problems would
there be?

Any random thoughts appreciated.