Qt and KDELibs for D?

Jascha Wetzel "[firstname]" at mainia.de
Mon Jan 29 08:16:22 PST 2007

afaik, most of the preprocessor magic is to create a decent signal/slot
mechanism. slots get indexed in order of appearence and an implicitly
generated function "invoke" dispatches calls with these indeces.
Qt relies on C++ linkage to access these invoke/emit (and other) functions.
to properly pass the Qt framework calls to D delegates, an intermediate
C++ object would have to be generated for each D widget, i guess.

on the other hand, the fact that trolltech laid down a lot of action to
create this signal/slot thing, they should be tempted to port their
whole framework to D ;)