Favorite bug?

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 01:43:07 PDT 2007

1083 (classtype.classinfo.name can't be evaluated in compile-time)... while I'm not sure if I directly have a use for it now (since my current DSource project is actually in Java...), I can definitely see why this would be useful for metaprogramming.

Closely followed by (I know you said one per person but...):

1258 (Garbage collector loses memory upon array concatenation) - The fix looks easy, though Walter must have commented that line out for a reason... ANyways, if you can't trust the garbage collector [insert witty statement here].

929 (Resizing array of associative arrays (uint[char[]][]) causes infinite loop / hang) - Actually _been_ bitten by this one

987 (Add DMD compiler switch to prevent automatic linking to phobos.lib/libphobos.a) - because the whole tango/phobos split is tearing my mind apart

As you can probably guess, I only went through the P1s and "blowout"/"critical"s, so I'm sure there are probably more suitable ones somewhere down there.

How about you, Brad?