Why isn't DSSS ('s net portion) more widely used?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 07:29:46 PDT 2007

torhu wrote:
> Just having all D related downloads under D:\zips\programming\D\ on my
> HD is great, because I can just browse that folder if I can't remember
> the name of a tool or library I know I used a year ago.  It's all very
> basic and human-friendly.  Taking the time to figure out how to use a
> new debugger seems a better investment of time, I already know how to
> download files and how to build D apps without much trouble.

I have not started using DSSS for a while for the same reasons, I was
getting along just fine with build. But it's a really nice tool. Some
more reasons to use it:
- very easy to setup, everything is standard and transparent
- automatic dependencies: this is just awesome
- candydoc build without hassles
- simple for simple projects, but flexible if you need more

> I don't mean to bash on dsss, I'm just explaining why I'm not using it
> myself.  Except for building Tioport SWT and tangobos, that is.  I wish
> people would explain to me why they don't use DAllegro, but I'm guessing
> the answer is "SDL for teh win".  So be it.

SDL for teh win, sorry :)