A bug in news reader program

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Tue Jun 12 10:10:12 PDT 2007

jcc7 wrote:

> I've known about this for a while, but I don't know if it's been mentioned
> in the newsgroup before. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the WebNews
> project is being actively developed. It is open source, but I don't know
> how hard it'd be to fix. I think it has something to do with how WebNews
> uses cookies to keep track of the last newsgroup that has been displayed.

I use the web newsreaders very rarely, but I've also noticed that one of
those (maybe the one with purple buttons) maybe forgets to close a link
with </a>. That causes the whole window to act as a link to somewhere. It
doesn't bother otherwise, but you must aim carefully at the buttons to hit
the right link :)