windows d and 64 x86-64

janderson askme at me.com
Thu Mar 8 09:02:27 PST 2007

Jakob Praher wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'd like to use d for some kind of system progrmaming project within a
> company that has to support windows 64 bit (windows 2003+) espesially in
> a VS.Net environment (so to say MS toolchain). I don't think I am able
> to pursuade them to switch to a mingw od cygwin environment.
>
> Has anybody of you used the dmd compiler in tandem with the VS.NET
> environment in a 64 bit environment.
>
> So to say: For instance build a 64bit dll with d and then link them to a
> 64 bit version of a MSVC application or PInvoke it using the CLR?
>
> Are there some expierences regarding this setup? Pleas share them with me.
>
> thanks in advance
> -- Jakob

I'm not sure about the 64-bit part (I assume its possible, DMD can
certainly do 64-bit).  I think someone posted a little while ago how to
use the MSVS linker to build DMD executables (I can't find the thread
here).  I would search at bit longer however I've gotta run.

Also integration wise, people have done that before.  Check out the
thread "D and MSVC .net 2002".

Hope that was helpful.
-Joel